Skip to content

MUDRammer - A Modern MUD Client for iPhone and iPad

Feedback, support, and suggestions for MUDRammer – A Modern MUD Client for iPhone and iPad.

101 results found

1. Need Chinese

I can help you to translate into Chinese .
    My email:shklcs@163.com

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Option to use touch arrows for navigation

Radial is handy but not practical for very long paths.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Log titles (improved)

Well, I actually have multiple worlds for the same MUSH! Alts, you know? Somehow different commands and the like. So maybe do log titles that draw on the nicknames before the address?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Extendable Quad

I like the idea of the quad, the way it notifies of activity in your open windows... What I don't like, is that you're limited to only having 4 sessions open at once. Is there any way to let it extend beyond that? Or even if the quad itself can't, at least let me have more worlds connected that just fall off the end of what's visible at a glance.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You are the first to ask for more than 4 max open worlds! :)

There is no hard limit here, but more connections open will generally mean more battery consumed. I probably went with 4 because it lends itself to the world status image (“quad”) being visible at a glance. Do you commonly find yourself in need of more than 4 open connections?

5. Be self-voicing

I have been using mud rammer with VoiceOver for a few days. I noticed that it has trouble handling large amounts of text and reads unnecessary characters. I wish this client could have the option to be completely self voicing so that those of us who are visually impaired or totally blind could have access to things like the move and radial controls without being restricted to voice over command or slow on screen typing. If this isn't possible please work with voiceover so that we can make use of controls like These.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve increased the timeout delay for the speech synthesizer, which should help MUDRammer more reliably speak longer bits of text. There is not a really good way to have it not speak extra punctuation, though, and other characters that MUDs tend to use. I’m also working on better accessibility for the gesture controls.

6. Be compatible with text expander3+ alternate keyboard

I would really like to see this. I use text expander to help me type fasterusing the on screen keyboard but I can't use it in this app because it isn't compatible. I can tell you the SDK for the text expander is free .

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Screensaver

Given background app refresh isn't currently feasible I find myself leaving my iPhone on its face with lowest brightness to conserve battery and so I don't see distracting text.

Would it be possible to turn off the screen or display a black screen after a set time? While keeping the app in the foreground...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Very interesting, thanks! Unfortunately iOS does not allow third-party apps like MUDRammer to turn the screen off; that is only a system-level setting.

One thing you might try in combination with a lower screen brightness is to pick a Theme that uses black as a background color.

8. allow me to directly post my logs to Google Drive

Not much here to say, but if I were to bluesky this idea, you could set up a filenaming convention for a world. For instance, something like charactername-001, charactername-002, and so on (at the very least).

Ideally >_>, it'd be great to be able to capture text from the terminal and be able to specify your own pattern. I do this a lot in my desktop clients. It allows me to string together something like a +time command, capture, and automatically shove that into the filename. This is great because it can keep logs ICly in order via the filename…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. That Top Bar

Sometimes it ends up blending with the app. So you'll see the top bar, and the app will act like the top bar isn't there. More a nuisance, but a fix would be nice ^^

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Auto multi-line conversion with specifiable delimiter

One of my often used features in some desktop clients is the ability to execute a shortcut and wammo, multi-line text is stitched together with softcode escape sequences for end lines. This makes activities such as writing some in-game mail or what have you much easier.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to have a radial control mapped to control command history?

So, I use command history a lot and I hope I'm not the only one who does for the sake of this idea. XD However, it'd be really cool if I could scroll through command history with the gesture interface somehow...or I really like the idea of being able to switch out one of my command radial controls for a command history radial control. For instance, flick it up to move back in command history and down to move forward (latest).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Cursor movement/Screen drawing

I play a MUD that draws and updates a map in the top left corner of the screen. This telnet client ignores the cursor movement commands though :(

If you get a chance, see if you can get this client working with:
    dragonsspine.com:3000

It's the old Island of Kesmai game, and I'd love to be able to play it from my iPad. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Selection Stuff

As it is, MUDRammer doesn't really show you which like you've selected, which can be a bit annoying when you have single-lines. Maybe have like a highlight that shows what you picked?

Also, would it be possible to make it so you can select specific words or multiple lines to copy-paste?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Export & Import

Me again. I know you've said that iCloud is a pain for syncing triggers, aliases, and whatnot. Would a export/import function within the app work (like a comma separated text file)? My aliases, triggers, and highlights are getting fairly lengthy and manually keeping them reconciled between my iPad and iPhone is difficult.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Lots of great ideas here!

Alphabetizing triggers, aliases, gags, and tickers is a great idea and it’s on my list.

A few people have asked about MUDRammer for Mac. MUDRammer is my personal project in my spare time, and I don’t mean to sound crass, but it would be helpful for me to know: how much would you pay for MUDRammer for OS X?

15. Notes Area

There are many things in my favorite MUD that I'd like to remember. Say for instance, a vial that when quaffed paralyses you for a half an hour. Since they all look similar, I've been keeping notes. Problem is I don't always have my notes with me. Having a simple area for notes that I could quickly reference would be great!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. ssh connection

I'd like to be able to connect to my home computer via SSH and connect to a gnu screen running a TF session there, and use Mudrammer effectively as an iOS front end to control this remote session.

Sadly, using a normal SSH client is annoying because the input line is not buffered locally on phone before sending, and can't use auto correct etc.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Keystroke Recording & Mapping

I think a nice feature would be to record a series of keystrokes and then be able to save them as an alias. This would help when trying to remember how to get from one point to another distant point in a MUD. Currently, I have to write all my keystrokes down. Maybe a simple record button in the input bar?

Eventually, this feature could be further implemented into making a graphical map of the area as we trudge around our various MUDs. I realize that this would probably be a major undertaking but I think it would end up…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Swiping to change worlds

I like how the quad will indicate if there is activity on another server, but it feels that there are too many steps involved in switching over (tapping the quad to expand the list, then tapping the server, and then having to tap down on my input line once again). Would it be possible to implement a quick swipe to cycle to the next server in the list of what's open, or perhaps an option to tap at the right or left edges of the screen to have it switch to the next in line without having to go through…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bars...

Health, mana, balance, equilibrium, endurance bars. Those things I would love to see from it. Also in/out up/down on the navigation bit.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Log to Dropbox

I keep all my MU logs in Dropbox folders, it'd be awesome if MUDRammer could log all my sessions there automatically.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

MUDRammer - A Modern MUD Client for iPhone and iPad