I wish MUDRammer would...

Extendable Quad

I like the idea of the quad, the way it notifies of activity in your open windows... What I don't like, is that you're limited to only having 4 sessions open at once. Is there any way to let it extend beyond that? Or even if the quad itself can't, at least let me have more worlds connected that just fall off the end of what's visible at a glance.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rhaplanca1001 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminSplinesoft (Reticulator-in-Chief, Splinesoft LLC) responded  · 

You are the first to ask for more than 4 max open worlds! :)

There is no hard limit here, but more connections open will generally mean more battery consumed. I probably went with 4 because it lends itself to the world status image (“quad”) being visible at a glance. Do you commonly find yourself in need of more than 4 open connections?

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, at least 8 would be good for me. I old get away with 6, but I'd be happier if I didn't have to worry about running out. I'm starting to replace my laptop with an iPad, and being able to keep up with everything on MU*s would help!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im starting to use this more and more for keeping up on mostly social MU* games, and with the iPads getting more and more capable of real multitasking (I can now stay connected for hours in the background!) I'm using this as my mainstream client. But on a PC I routinely have 7-8 connections open. Probably don't need them all, but with the iPad Pro coming out, more is better, right? I'd love to have the option of at least 8, just to be sure.

• Rockpath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ah, yes. More than four connections at a time would be nice. I only play on 2 MUSH-es at a time, but I have four alts on one X) While it could potentially be a battery drainer, it's also the choice of the user on whether or not to log in to all at once! ^^

• Rhaplanca1001 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I play on MUSHes rather than MUDs, do a lot of socializing on them. I just switched from MUSHclient on my late netbook; this was recommended to me as the best iOS client for the ipad which replaced it... But even the at-a-glance activity monitor on MUSHclient, with its limit of 10 simultaneous worlds, sometimes felt insufficient, though I tried to stay within that number since more just felt excessive. I regularly am connected to four different MU*es simultaneously, though, with multiple alts open on each.

Feedback and Knowledge Base